Thursday 7 August 2008

Ryan's modelling

So, following on from the dungeon scene, Ryans wanted to have a little play with some green stuff. I broke off a small amount, worked it together for him, and gave him a clix figure to experment with - (Sorry no pictures at teh moment, for any of this piece.).

He did a pretty good job of building up a big hand gun, which he then painted a copper / bronze colour, and also making a semi-fish looking helmet. Some minor alterations to the paint job, and job done.

Of course, all this time, we can't leave Ryan's younger brother out..... BUT, I have to confess I go into a bit of a sweat when I let him loose with a brush and enamal paint. Hardly surprising, as he is only 4!

Anyway - Dec had 2 figures, I put a few drops of paint into a pallet for him ... (What? - You expected me to give him an open tin of Humbrol???? - You're as mad as I am !). He proceeeded to paint his figure mostly green. Also added a bit of green stuff, then lost interest and wanted to go and do something else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today the Hirst Arts blocks arrived which means that Ryan and me can work on his Egyptian tomb. Not sure quite how I feel about this yet. The plaster blocks seem a little more powdery than I expected. - Certainly more powdery than the Linka plaster I used to do. I expected these blocks to be crisper and less powdery, as they are made of dental plaster.

I will of course upadate as things progress.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where did you get the blocks to build with? Did you make them yourself, or use one of the re-sellers of blocks I've seen on the internet?
-Ben